Government Controlled Internet?
“Broadband is our generation’s infrastructure challenge,” Genachowski said at a meeting of executives, doctors and health companies at the Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital at Stanford on Monday. “It is as important as electricity and highways were for past generations.”
Those are ambitious, if not audacious, comparisons to programs that the government spent hundreds of billions of dollars over decades of commitment. By contrast, the stimulus package from February — which put aside $7 billion for broadband grants and loans — marks the largest federal commitment to broadband deployment.
But ambition is just what Obama and Congress asked for, according to Genachowski. He pointed out Monday that when Congress ordered the FCC to deliver a plan next February, they specified that the plan was supposed to do more than just encourage the spread and adoption of broadband. The third prong was to create a plan that enhanced national priorities, including health, anti-terrorism, education and disaster preparedness…
“There was not a vision at the FCC, and people don’t realize the power of the FCC,” Eshoo said. “Words from the FCC will walk into people’s lives.”
- Soros: China To Play Leadership Role in The New World Order
- FDA Ok’s Peramivir For Widespread Human Experimentation
- Obama Minion ‘Bites Back’
- H1n1 Warning…
- Obama’s ‘Jolly Green Giant’ Van Jones Has Got To Go
- Obama’s Socialist Indoctrination Begins at School
- Government Thugs Kill Georgia Pastor!
- March On Washington – September 12th, 2009 – Will you be there?
- Marine Skewers Congressman Baird
- Suspension of The Constitution and Marshal Law
- Obama Orchestrates The Collapse of The U.S.?
- Obama Follows The Soviet Model
- Secret Process Benefits Obama Pets
- Police Gangs? – ‘Public Servant’ to ‘Enforcement Officer’?
- Broward County Florida Prepares For Massive Swine Flu Outbreak This Fall