Privatization key to saving socialism???
Cuba’s leaders see private farmers as key to saving socialism.
Cuba’s leaders are counting on Alberto Romero’s eight cows to help turn around the island’s struggling socialist economy. Private farmers like Romero, who belongs to a 219-member cooperative near the eastern city of Holguin, were overshadowed for years by Cuba’s emphasis on large state farms. But the government recently began handing out idle state land to private farmers across the island in an effort to boost food production. “The government has put its faith in us, and we will show what we are capable of,” said Romero, whose 20-acre plot has been in his family for 103 years.
Cuba is hoping that private farmers can literally plow the island out of a huge $11 billion trade deficit this year caused by rising food import costs and falling exports. The policy marks a major shift away from inefficient state farms that once occupied the lion’s share of the island’s agricultural land.
Perhaps the Obama administration should be taking notes…
- Soros: China To Play Leadership Role in The New World Order
- FDA Ok’s Peramivir For Widespread Human Experimentation
- Obama Minion ‘Bites Back’
- H1n1 Warning…
- Obama’s ‘Jolly Green Giant’ Van Jones Has Got To Go
- Obama’s Socialist Indoctrination Begins at School
- Government Thugs Kill Georgia Pastor!
- March On Washington – September 12th, 2009 – Will you be there?
- Marine Skewers Congressman Baird
- Suspension of The Constitution and Marshal Law
- Obama Orchestrates The Collapse of The U.S.?
- Obama Follows The Soviet Model
- Secret Process Benefits Obama Pets
- Police Gangs? – ‘Public Servant’ to ‘Enforcement Officer’?
- Broward County Florida Prepares For Massive Swine Flu Outbreak This Fall